Michael and I made supper last night for a friend at the KBC that just had their 1st baby (HI Brandon, Crystal, and baby Sawyer - go take a nap!). I tried a new recipe out of Parents magazine for a Pear Tart. We didn't get to taste it, but it looked pretty. I am going to make one tomorrow with apples and cinnamon instead of pears and nutmeg. It will be for us! Here is the recipe...
Pinwheel Pear Tart
¼ cup sugar
1 TBSP all-purpose flour
1 tsp. finely grated lemon peel
¼ tsp. nutmeg
3 pears, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (I only needed 2)
1 rolled refrigerated unbaked pie crust
Milk
Coarse or granulated sugar
Dried cherry (I left this off)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, lemon peel, and nutmeg. Add pears and toss to coat. (I used a ziplock baggie to toss and coat)
- Unroll the pie crust on the baking sheet. Arrange pears in a pinwheel shape in the center of the crust, leaving a 1½-inch border of dough exposed. Moving in an clockwise direction, fold the dough toward the center, pleating as necessary. When you're finished, the opening with the pears should measure about 5 inches wide (mine measured about 7 inches). Brush the pastry with milk and sprinkle with coarse sugar (I used plain granulated).
- Bake tart for about 40 minutes, or until pastry is golden and pears are tender. Place the dried cherry in the middle of the pinwheel. Serve warm or at room temperature. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Like I said before, I am substituting the pears and nutmeg for apples and cinnamon in my next attempt. This tart makes your whole kitchen smell like autumn. Who's not ready for pumpkins, beautiful falling leaves, crisp air, and hayrides?
2 comments:
Heather, this looks delicious! Need a recipe taster??
I can say that the pear tart was AWESOME! Thank you so much for the food and the blessing you and your family have been to Crystal and I
Post a Comment